Posting title: Media Training Consultant
Organization: African Women in Media (AWiM)
Position type: Contract (April- June 2022)
Start Date: Immediately
About African Women in Media (AWiM)
African Women in the Media is an international non-governmental organisation with the aim to positively impact the way media functions in relation to African women. Our members are African women from a diverse range of media backgrounds. Our vision is that one-day African women will have equal access to representation and opportunities in media industries and media content. African Women in the Media (AWiM) aims to contribute to the creation of enabling environments for African women who work in media industries, and to change the way African women are represented in media content. It does this through knowledge production, training and partnerships.
Summary of the assignment
We are looking for a media training consultant to develop and conduct a one and a half days strategic communications training for the Senior Management Team of one of our international partners. The training will focus on a range of media related topics including but not limited to: Effective social media use and management, Effective media engagement, Interview preparation & management, crisis management, Messaging for impact and strengthening collaborations between the media & INGOs.
- Work closely with and support the Program Lead to develop, plan and execute the Senior Management training.
- Create and refine curricula for training senior management on effective media engagement, interview preparation & management, crisis management, Messaging for impact and strengthening collaborations between the media & INGOs.
- Facilitate or co-facilitate virtual and in-person media trainings for our partners’ senior management team.
- Build the capacity of our partners’ senior management team to use digital platforms and communicate relevant information online to a variety of audiences.
- Participate in developing innovative ways to communicate information to our partners’ senior management team using digital technologies and interactive tools.
Skill and competencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize efficiently
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment
- Training, facilitation and mentoring skills.
- Ability to work in a team and in collaboration with different departments
- Ability to coordinate and prioritise competing work demands
- A keen interest and following in media developments on environmental activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, communications, journalism, or a related field.
- Five or more years of experience in media relations, public relations, journalism or other related fields
- Fluency in English essential
- Experience on issues relating to the environment is a bonus but not essential
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and other social media best practices
- Experience writing and compiling training program curricula and developing training tools.
- Experience in facilitating workshops / trainings / webinars for teams, especially for senior management teams
- Experience with activity management including developing work plans and maintaining timelines.
- Self-reliance and resourcefulness. Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, adhering to deadlines.
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics and experience working with international partners and team members.
- Experience with video making, graphic design, and video/audio editing a plus.
We look forward to receiving your application, which should include the following materials:
- A cover letter that includes a brief description of your experience and expertise in senior management media training. (1 page max)
- Your CV
Please submit your application by 20th April 2022 to [email protected] (use the subject line “SMT Media training consultant”)
AFRICAN WOMEN IN MEDIA DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUTIMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING OR TRAINING)
Download the job description here Media Trainer JD